COPKIT invites you to submit your paper for the “Data analytics in security intelligence systems” special session of the 18th International conference on Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in knowledge-based systems (IPMU 2020) that will take place in Lisbon (Portugal) on 15-19th June 2020.
Data analytics is becoming increasingly important in many application areas, including what is focused in the special session, namely security intelligence systems. Management of uncertainty plays an important role in security intelligence where information and knowledge derived from various sources, such as open sources (web, news, etc.) and human observation are inherently uncertain due to imperfections of different kinds, such as the (un)reliability of the source, missing data, error-prone data, imprecise information, disinformation (including fake news), as well as extraction of information from unstructured data (natural language text, speech, images).
Call for papers
In this context, we invite contributions in (but not limited to) the following topics:
- AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning approaches
- Big data analytics
- Information extraction and knowledge discovery
- Data and information fusion
- Speech understanding
- HMI issues in end-users’ dealing with uncertainty
- Anomaly detection
- Situation recognition for threat detection
- Situation assessment (threat assessment)
- Investigative and strategic analysis
Submitting your paper
- Paper submission deadline: February 23, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: March 8, 2020
- Camera-ready submission: March 31, 2020
The papers must be submitted via the EasyChair submission website, in the track dedicated to the special session (special session SS22).
For more information on the format of your contribution and on submitting your paper, please visit https://ipmu2020.inesc-id.pt/?page_id=429 or feel free to contact our team:
- Henrik Legind Larsen, Legind Technologies A/S, Denmark (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Maria Jose Martín-Bautista, University of Granada, Spain (email@example.com)
- Hassane Essafi, CEA, France (firstname.lastname@example.org)